Saturday, December 15, 2012

Traditions - Boxing Day

We do not go Boxing Day shopping. Never have and I can't say we ever will. We both despise crowds to the point where we do most of our Christmas shopping online. Besides that, Boxing Day is special on my side of the family. It's my nieces birthday!!

This year she will be 5 years old. 5! I can't believe it. I can still remember being woken up at 3:00 am by my sister telling us she was going to the hospital because her water broke. I was so out of it and confused why she was coming down the stairs to

We celebrate her birthday in it's entirety. Birthday wrapping on the gifts, birthday cake, birthday decorations. Yes there may still be a Christmas tree up but it's her birthday, not Christmas anymore. (at least for the day) I imagine this year we will be going, weather permitting, sledding and skating.

Other than the evening spent celebrating her birthday, we usually end up sleeping in, having a good breakfast and never missing the World Junior Hockey game. (GO CANADA GO!!)

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!