Tuesday, January 22, 2013

3/30: Shadows (Dark Touch #1) by Amy Meredith

Shadows (Dark Touch, #1)Shadows by Amy Meredith
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Format: Paperback
Read from January 16 to 20, 2013

From Goodreads: Fifteen-year-old Eve Evergold is cute, sassy and enjoying a busy social life. What she doesn't know yet is that someone close to her is an evil demon that only she has the supernatural power to defeat. She needs to work out who it is - and fast! Because although there's something very attractive about the dark side...dating a demon? Pure hell!

I won this book on Twitter about a year ago and never got around to reading it until this year. I won it and ordered the second one at the same time because I thought it would be a great series. I'm a little underwhelmed. thankful that the font was fairly big and the read was quick. I may read the second one just for a quick in-between books read. A follow up to a heavy read later this year perhaps.

It was ok. Nothing I haven't read before, and not as well done as others. The characters were shallow, but that is expected given the setting of the Hamptons and reference to brand names and celebrities. They were meant to be that way. Gucci, MK, and Jimmy Choo really didn't need to be name-dropped as often as they were, but it did get the point across that these girls had money to burn and not much else going on.

There was little depth to the story, and was great for a YA age story, very innocent. I did find that the characters were very accepting of the supernatural and didn't question it. This strikes me as odd that there was no freaking out or disbelief. You find out there are soul-sucking demons taking over the town and just accept it? I guess.

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!