Sunday, February 3, 2013

4/30: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Format: Hardcover
Read from January 21 to 31, 2013

From Goodreads: Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She can’t.
She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.
She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
She’s wrong.
In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

Great second book for the series. I was excited to get back to seeing what was going to happen with Mara and Noah. After reading the first one, I believed she was not crazy, and there was definitely something going on supernaturally. At the beginning of The Evolution I wasn't so sure.

I was so frustrated! I wanted people to believe her, to stop making her out to be this insane teenager who was suicidal. Expertly written. As a reader, from Mara's perspective everything sort of makes sense for a while and then BAM you're not sure anymore. Real or not real? Expertly written.

I was begging for Hodkin to just tell me already!! The ending was actually a complete surprise to me. I definitely did not see the answer to my questions coming like they did. Threw me for a loop. Halfway through the book I wasn't sure if I was going to read the third book when it is released. After that ending, I'm waiting (impatiently) for the rest of the story.

Michelle Hodkin is definitely a writer to pay attention to.

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!