Saturday, March 30, 2013

9/30: Artemis Fowl (#1) by Eoin Colfer

Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Read from March 28 to 30, 2013
Format: Ebook

My book club was in need of a quick, easy read to kick start spring. Artemis Fowl was a good choice.

Cute story but I'm still not sure who the bad/good guys were.
I liked how both the human world and the faerie world had their own set of problems with each other and within them selves.
Artemis was not a character I liked. He was arragont, annoying and full of himself. It strikes me as the same as most geniuses written in books. Is that how they are always written? For being a middle-grade book, I don't think I would recommend this one as a book to teach any sort of value to a child. It did provide a good amount of entertainment, however.

I won't continue the series but it was a good quick read.

View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!