Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bonjour! Hello! I'm Back!

Our trip to France was amazing. There are no words to describe exactly how I feel about that country and all the places we went. Life there is so different from here in a lot of better ways. I know it was vacation brain and seeing it through those eyes, but they are far more social than here.
We spent 2.5 weeks (19 days) with each other, 24/7. It was really wonderful and I love that we can travel together so well.

We flew direct from Calgary to Paris. A nice long 9h 12m flight. We left in the afternoon and arrived in the morning the next day because of the 9 hour time difference. I am terrible at sleeping on planes but managed to get a couple hours in at least. I did end up watching Les Miserables since Frenchie hasn't wanted to see it.

Things I had to get used to:

  • Eating light for breakfast - Cafe au lait, croissant / pain du chocolat
  • Eating late for lunch
  • Eating a late dinner - the majority of the restaurants don't open until 7:30pm and they usually don't start filling up until around 8:30-9pm. Very strange for this 6pm eater. 
  • Eating BREAD! Yes. I could eat bread and pasta over there with NO symptoms like I get here. I miss it already. 
  • Dogs are welcome - Everywhere. If they aren't, there is a sign. It really made me miss the dogs while we were away.

That was pretty much the extent of it. Eating (which is a big deal for me for blood sugar levels) really threw me for a loop. Once my body adjusted to the time changes I was set. There was always something to snack on and wine to drink. We stopped if our feet were sore for a cafe or macarons.

We have over 1600 photos and I have finally gotten them all onto the computer. With so many pics I can't pick my favourites so I will do a blog post for each location we went to. In total we stayed in 5 different places around France. Each one was different from the previous and allowed us to see a lot of the West side of France. I keep telling Frenchie we'll have to go back and see the East side and dip into Italy for a bit.

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!