Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 is going to be exciting!

My blogging sort of fell off after September. A lot of things happened in the summer/fall of 2013 and rather than rehash everything, I'm going to start 2014 off fresh.
I have a few goals to accomplish this year in my personal life and work life. Big changes made me reevaluate what was important last year and gave me a really great focus for the new year.

1. Be a healthy pregnant lady and have a healthy baby.
I am currently 23 weeks pregnant. I have loved every minute of it. The aches, the pains, the joy, the kicks, the crazy emotions, the love. Every moment is worth it. We are due in early May. I won't give the exact date because most people know babies make their debut into the world when they damn well please. I eat fairly healthy and want to continue to do that during the pregnancy.

2. Be a fit mom
After the baby is born, I want to continue with the healthy eating, and be physical. There are so many programs for moms with little ones. By December I want to be in shape. Not pre-pregnancy, but better. My family has a tendency to lose baby weight quickly, so for me, the goal will be to tone and build muscle. It would be awesome to start running again. I really miss it.

3. Write and pass my Nutrition Final
I have until January 2015 to complete my courses and write my final. My goal is to finish my courses before baby. Deadline is April. I will have to do case studies after the baby is born. Hopefully write my final exam in November.

4. Read 20 books
I had a hard time relaxing and reading last year. I want to get 20 read this year. It's the lowest goal I've had for reading, but I'm going to be really busy. I have multiple devices to read on, so I figure while I nurse, I should be able to read a little... right?

5. Travel
We have a couple trips planned already. Palm Springs in February, Fairmont Hot Springs (annual family vacation) in July. We are even thinking of a bigger trip in October when baby is still very portable and we've figured out this parenting thing. We'll see where finances stand.

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!